Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Can You Hear Me Now?"

I know this wasn't assigned, but i have a question. If the electoral votes overrule the popular votes, do we (not really us because we can't vote) really have a voice? I've had this debate with my dad, he thinks that the electoral votes depend on the popular vote, but I say that the members in the electoral college can make any decision they want. I went to this one website http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/about.html. It told me about the electoral college, but it still didn't answer my question? Can anybody help me?????



-Terrence O.

1 comment:

Period 1 US History said...

I understand what you're saying Terrence. It doesn't make sense that the electoral college can overule or go against the public vote. I wonder how much the general public really influences their vote. I would think that they would go with the majority, but I'm sure there are some who put themselves and views first. Can this effect our future in a bad way?

-Kanisha